Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Recropical link-cloaking-what you need to know

Get we all link requests, most of them are automated garbage & some are legitimate. Some are too good to be true.

If it is the latter then rate I, a little closer is offered on what how recently I came to an interesting Recropical link cloaking tactics.

Don't think that this is either a new tactic, this has been very long time.

You will receive an email like this:

Hello

How to Google surfing, I discovered your site: http://www.earnersblog.com/ I try so many informative sites as possible to my site added. Which in turn will benefit my users as well as provide you with relevant traffic to your site. I found a website 7,000 people with over 5,000 - per day, that fit the same demographic as your website.

If you follow this link http://www.widgets.com/?pg=2eC4L you see, that I put your link on my homepage.

Some website owners may not for other Web sites on it referenced, so I thought I might ask for your review.

Please get back to me, if you have the opportunity, let me know, if the link that I have placed matches your needs.
Even if a user-defined title for you send me a email and I'll update it.

Do have a good week

Visit the relevant website, you will notice a few things:

Decent number of back-link mini painting outbound link decent PageRank (3-5)

May be the perfect link exchange? Unfortunately not. Look a little closer.

If the e-Mail should you look at the URL have a referral string to (something like?) Ref = or? (= PG). It either sets a cookie when you click on it or your IP (or both) that makes your site "shown in the sidebar" - protocols.

So very cleverly and you think that the website offers link exchange indeed to you link.

There are a few things you can do here to verify:

Run the referral link via a HTTP header Checker to see if you set a cookie look at your incoming links from Yahoo, the concerned website is displayed? (too early, but worth a look may)See the website of a proxy & remove the? PG or? REF by the end of the string (incase they use IP tracking & not cookies), clear your cookies & try the site again without the referral path to end

This is tactics to reap thousands and thousands of Recropical links unfortunately a very sly and sneaky. I would imagine that the strike this much much higher than just radiation link requirements of everyone in sight.

If you are a SEO company client & using this tactic, I would be very very careful. I have a number of players, the brand was as unethical use by your whole online community for such tactics.

[Hat tip]


Email Marketing $19/Month!

View the original article here

No comments: